Brunswick North West Primary School currently has a student population of 414 wonderful children and works in partnership with approximately 250 families to provide care and learning in the Brunswick West area.
We currently operate 19 student learning communities:
- 6 Foundation classes of approximately 16 students each. Our teachers in Foundation are Rebecca, Bell, Ben, Chris, Deb and Nici.
- 5 Junior (1/2) classes of approximately 23 students each (larger than we typically aim for). Our teachers in the Junior School are Lori, Faith, Jess, Larissa and Shalani.
- 5 Middle (3/4) classes of approximately 23 students each. Our teachers in the Middle School are Ann, Alice, Bridgette, Kate and Michael.
- 3 Senior (5/6) classes of approximately 26 students each. Our teachers in the Senior School are Tim, Jessie andLinda.
Our classrooms are structured with one teacher for each class group of children. Teaching and learning activities are based on a personalised program where all classroom and specialist teachers work to gain an individualisedunderstanding of student achievement in the key areas of learning.
Our specialist subjects programs includes:
- Music & performing arts with Jack
- Visual arts with Andrew
- Physical education with Tom
- Indonesian with Kasenya and Emma
- Library with Jo
- Environmental education with Alicia and Ian
There are a number of musical, language, cultural and literature groups operating during lunchtime or after school which add richness to the school experience for children.
At BNW we have the expectation that all students progress a minimum of twelve months in their learning based on the indicators set out in the state wide standards of learning. This framework provides the structure upon which teaching and learning programs are based, and provides the standards teachers use to monitor achievement.
We engage in a stringent improvement cycle that includes regular reviews of our performance, strategic planning and yearly implementation plans to support all members of the school community to remain focused on the education and development of our students. There is an active school improvement team which plans and supervises the ongoing work to support and inspire our young people to achieve their full potential.
The safety and well-being of our students is of primary concern to this school community. A number of structures and support services exist to assist students with health and learning needs or to support families in their life and care of children.
The School Council for Brunswick North West Primary School is an active group of parents and staff who participate in supporting the successful governance of the school, and the ongoing work of improving the school environment for children and all members of the school community.Daily timetable structure