Brunswick North West Primary School currently has a student population of 430 wonderful children and works in partnership with approximately 300 families to provide care and learning in the Brunswick West area.
We currently operate 21 student learning communities:
- 4 Foundation classes of approximately 16 students each. Our teachers in Foundation are Chris, Deb, Bel & Larissa.
- 8 Junior (1/2) classes of approximately 21 students each. Our teachers in the Junior School are Emma & Celia, Jess, Shalani, Alice & Alison, Jesse, Nici, Lisa & Jack
- 5 Middle (3/4) classes of approximately 21 students each. Our teachers in the Middle School are Kate, Michael, Ben, Faith & Lori.
- 4 Senior (5/6) classes of approximately 23 students each. Our teachers in the Senior School are Tim, Ann, Linda, Jessie & Sarah.
The majority of our classrooms are structured with one teacher for each class group of children. Teaching and learning activities are based on a personalised program where all classroom and specialist teachers work to gain an individualised understanding of student achievement in the key areas of learning.
Our specialist subjects programs includes:
- Music & Performing Arts with Jack
- Visual Arts with Andrew & Kate
- Physical Education with Tom
- Indonesian with Kasenya & Nadia
- STEAM with Ian & Sarah
There are a number of musical, language, cultural and literature groups operating during lunchtime or after school which add richness to the school experience for children.
At BNW we have the expectation that all students progress a minimum of twelve months in their learning based on the indicators set out in the statewide standards of learning. This framework provides the structure upon which teaching and learning programs are based, and provides the standards teachers use to monitor achievement.
We engage in a stringent improvement cycle that includes regular reviews of our performance, strategic planning, and yearly implementation plans to support all members of the school community to remain focused on the education and development of our students. There is an active school improvement team that plans and supervises the ongoing work to support and inspire our young people to achieve their full potential.
The safety and wellbeing of our students is of primary concern to this school community. A number of structures and support services exist to assist students with health and learning needs or to support families in their life and care of children.
The School Council for Brunswick North West Primary School is an active group of parents and staff who participate in supporting the successful governance of the school, and the ongoing work of improving the school environment for children and all members of the school community.Daily timetable structure